Byos can read Waters UNIFI data directly from the UNIFI server through the Waters UNIFI API.
The API is installed by a Waters engineer, typically remotely. Once the API is set up, Protein Metrics can assist you with connecting Byos to the UNIFI database.
To initiate the process with Waters, you may create an iRequest with Waters using this link: iRequest Technical Support | Waters
When the API is set up, UNIFI Analysis files can be accessed directly from the Byos workflow editor by clicking Add sample(s)... and processed.
Warning: If data files are exported from the UNIFI database as .raw files for use in Byos, there may be some essential elements that are missing. For this reason we do not support processing .raw files exported from UNIFI. (we do support .raw files acquired by MassLynx)
Installation of the UNIFI Scientific Information System (this section is completed by a Waters Support Professional.)
- Both the UNIFI server and UNIFI API are required.
- Waters provides the UNIFI server as part of standard UNIFI Scientific Information System installation. The UNIFI API, however, is included in the UNIFI installation media but not automatically included as part of the standard installation.
- Byos supports Waters UNIFI v1.9.9 (with UNIFI API v1.8), v1.9.12 (with waters_connect Public API v1.9), 1.9.13 (with waters_connect Public API v1.10) and v2.1.2 (with waters_connect Public API v2.0). If new customers are currently using UNIFI 1.9.4 or older, it is recommended that they upgrade to v1.9.13 (Waters Connect). If they are not able to upgrade instruments, they may install v1.9.13 (Waters Connect) on a workstation and import the .uep files from an older version of UNIFI. The UNIFI version installed by Waters is based upon the MS system and planned processing applications.
- The user must specifically request that Waters execute the installation of the UNIFI API. The Waters engineer carries out this work. The username, password, and the name of the server name / pc name are set by the customer. In the case of a local Workstation installation, the computer name can be substituted by “localhost”. For a Network installation, the “localhost” name cannot be used, but instead the fully qualified name of the pc should be used. This can be found through Settings -> System -> About.
- If the Waters system has been previously installed without the UNIFI API, the user must contact Waters to arrange for the UNIFI API to be added to the current installation.
- If UNIFI API v1.8 or later is installed on the server with https used for authentication, it is highly advised to have a valid certificate installed. This ensures Transport Layer Security (TLS) will work properly. The TLS protocol provides privacy and data integrity between two or more communicating computer applications.
- For Waters UNIFI v2.1.2 (with waters_connect Public API v2.0) and greater, in the case of a Network installation, the waters_connect root certification authority (CA) certificate has to be exported from Waters workstation and imported into Byos client computer. See “API 2.0 - Network installation - Confirm waters_connect root CA certificate” for further details on this process.
The following configurations are currently not supported with Waters BioAccord on Waters Connect V3:
- waters_connect 3.1
- waters_connect with UNIFI 3.0.0
- waters_connect API 2.0.1
- Protein Metrics BYOS v5.3